Jamie J. Roth
Jamie uses twenty years of legal experience to craft effective and creative solutions for her clients and their families. She enjoys spending time with clients to create a custom estate plan tailored to protect families, businesses, farms and ranches, and most importantly – each client’s independence and dignity. Jamie is a battle-tested advocate in the courtroom, and helps families navigate probate and conservatorship/guardianship proceedings with patience and kindness. Jamie brings compassion and warmth to difficult decisions and situations.
Jamie holds an advanced degree in tax law from the top-rated law school in the country, and remains committed to staying on top of changes in the law through her involvement with the Trust & Estate, Elder Law, and Taxation sections of the Colorado Bar Association. Jamie lectures regularly at continuing legal education courses to help other attorneys hone their skills.
Jamie is a third generation Colorado native. She moved to the western slope in 2000. She and her husband live outside of New Castle, Colorado. Jamie enjoys hiking with her dogs, gardening, and raising their small flock of chickens.
- 2011 LL.M. Tax Law – New York University
- 1997 J.D. University of Colorado School of Law
- 1994 B.A. Colorado State University, cum laude.
- Senior Law Handbook , Colorado Bar Association 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Annual Survey of Colorado Law, Trust & Estate Chapter, Colorado Bar Association, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Elder Law Handbook, Colorado Bar Association, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Advanced Estate Planning Symposium, Case Law and Legislative Update – Denver, Colorado October 2017
- 37th Annual Estate Planning Retreat, Case Law and Legislative Update – Vail, Colorado June 2017
- Estate Administration Basic Skills – Income Tax Issues in Estates Denver, Colorado February 2017
- Case Law & Legislative Update 2016 Denver, Colorado October 2016
- Case Law and Legislative Update Denver, Colorado July 2015
- 35th Annual Estate Planning Retreat Case Law and Legislative Update -Santa Fe, New Mexico June 2015.
- Advanced Elder Law Institute – Protecting Our Elders Financially, Medically, and Legally Denver, Colorado March 2015.
- Introduction to Income Tax Issues. Colorado Bar Association, Estate Administration Basic Skills, Denver, Colorado February 2015.
- Estate Administration Basic Skills, Moderator. Colorado Bar Association, Estate Administration Basic Skills, Denver, Colorado February 2015.
- Advanced Estate Planning Symposium, Estate Planning Case Law Update, Colorado Bar Association, Denver, Colorado, September 2014.
- Trust and Estate Case Law and Legislative Update. Colorado Bar Association, Denver, Colorado July 2014.
- 34th Annual CBA Estate Planning Retreat Marketing Basics (101) for Estate Planning Attorneys, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, June 2014.
- Introduction to Income Tax Issues. Colorado Bar Association, Estate Administration Basic Skills, Denver, Colorado February 2013.
- Estate Planning Case Law Update, Colorado Bar Association, Advanced Estate Planning Symposium, Denver, Colorado September 2012.
- 32nd Annual CBA Estate Planning Retreat Trust & Estate Case Law Update. Breckenridge, Colorado, June 2012.
- Annual Trust and Estate Law Update. Colorado Bar Association, Denver, Colorado November 5, 2010.
- Basic Estate Planning Documents. Ninth Judicial District Bar Association Lunch CLE Series, Glenwood Springs, Colorado October 2008.
- Board of Directors, Colorado Bar Association, CLE
- Colorado Bar Association Trust & Estate Section Member. http://www.cobar.org/trust
- Colorado Bar Association, Elder Law Section Member http://www.cobar.org/For-Members/CBA-Sections/Elder-Law
- Colorado Bar Association, Taxation Section Member http://www.cba.cobar.org/index.cfm/ID/20158/TAX/Taxation/
- Chair, Probate Bench Book Subcommittee, Trust & Estate Section, Probate Trial and Procedure Committee. 2016-Present
- Co-Chair Milstein Subcommittee to the Colorado Bar Association, Trust & Estate Section, Statutory Revisions Subcommittee. 2015-2016
- Colorado Supreme Court Attorney Disciplinary Hearing Board Member 2014-Present
- Heeling Partners of the Roaring Fork Valley https://www.facebook.com/HeelingPartners/ 2007-Present
- Certified Creator: Intelligent Documents, The Form Tool. 2016. https://www.theformtool.com/affiliates/
Law Office of Jamie J. Roth, PLLC January 2017 – Present
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Represent clients in probate proceedings, estate and tax planning, guardianship/conservatorship proceedings.
Brown & Brown, P.C. August 2011-December 2016
Grand Junction & Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Represent clients in probate proceedings, estate and tax planning, guardianship/conservatorship proceedings, contested fiduciary litigation.
Beattie, Chadwick & Houpt, LLP October 2006-August 2011
Glenwood, Springs, Colorado
Represent clients in a variety of civil matters including probate, estate planning, conservatorship/guardianship proceedings, construction litigation, mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Colorado State Public Defender October 1997-October 2006
Deputy State Public Defender
Represent criminal defendants in trial court proceedings – including 44 jury trials, 11 bench trials, motions hearings, and appeals in cases ranging from traffic matters to first degree murder.